Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Setting Up A Second User Windows 8 10.1" 64gb Tablet - Part 1

Although I'm a Apple Mac user and have been since the Apple II computer running the Graforth, the graphic Forth programming language, I've also been a PC user and provide PC support.

So I'm of-ay with Macs, Android Devices, Windows XP and 7 but I haven't upgraded to 8 never mind Windows 10 just yet.  The main reason for this is all the software and hardware I use technically are rock on XP, flaky on 7 and I haven't wanted to bother with 8.

I was busily ignoring Windows 8 when a friend was given a windows 8 phone by her phone company and asked me to set a few things up.  Not only did I not have a clue, but also I found the whole interface unfriendly and unhelpful.  Being fixed1t I decided to pick up a reasonably priced phone with a reasonable size screen but ran into the usual obstacles of cost versus function.

I suddenly realised that to get Windows 8 on the phone meant buying a top of the range Nokia or Microsoft phone and that I could buy a tablet for less.

I then started looking at the Microsoft Tablets, it seems the the reasonably priced offerings were 32GB an ran a cut down version of Windows 8 called Windows RT.  Well what is the point of that, a windows device that won't run the windows software I already had.  But there were constraints moving to tablets or should I say Surfaces and ran the full windows 8.

After looking around the techie sites, I discovered another great ASUS product, the

ASUS VivoTab Smart

A full Windows 8 10.1" tablet with 64GB internal storage, so I set about buying one second hand on eBay.

I the following series I'll go through the steps I took to get a working Microsoft Windows 8 tablet working.


Click on the link below for Part 2:

Setting Up A Second User Windows 8 10.1" 64gb Tablet - Part 2


#fixed1tTECHsupport


No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm

Search my blog and net